Saturday, August 10, 2013

Multi-CD Case

I have a lot of CDs that I burn, but I can never find a case for them.  They are stashed around the house in used envelopes, closed with rubber bands or just placed on a countertop, collecting dust.  To solve this problem of mine, I made a multi-CD case out of duct tape.

I first created the cover of the case, creating a duct tape rectangle whose length was a little more than double the diameter of a CD and whose height was a little more than the diameter.


For the CD holder, I made a square that whose side length was a little longer than the diameter of the CD.


Each side of the square can be used to hold CDs, so I made two strap-like things.  To make them, I took pieces three pieces of duct tape and folded them in half.  Two were the length of the side of the square, and another was the length of the base of the square.  I connected the three strips, and repeated the process to make two of them.


I taped each strap to a side of the square.


To join the CD holder to the cover, I taped the holder to the cover on both sides.


I made more CD holders so I could store more CDs in the case.  Each CD holder is a different color.
A blue CD holder underneath
View from above

The only slight downside to this CD case is that each CD holder is very thick, due to the amount of duct tape, and not a lot of CD holders can fit inside the case.  However, if I were to make the case cover longer in the beginning, I would be able to fit more CD holders in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!