Monday, July 22, 2013

Inside a MagSafe Power Adapter for Macbooks

Recently, my MagSafe charger for my computer stopped working because the wire connecting the adapter to the computer completely separated.  I went out and bought a new one but could not decide what to do with my old one.  I had it for four years; I was not just going to throw it away, so I decided to open it.  Even though it may not look like it, the adapter box was really difficult to open.  The plastic shell pieces were glued together, and trying to crack open the case by simply driving a screwdriver in between was ineffective.  We eventually got it open, and this is what we saw.

Basic parts
Cover, difficulty of opening the box can be seen
One of the hooks the wire wraps around




Separating the case from the insides
Encased in copper sheets
Copper sheets taken off




Random close-up of the contents
Reassembled and put back in the plastic shell
The contents were in great condition; if only Apple could make the wire better quality, I would have been able to use the power adapter for the entire lifetime of my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!