Friday, July 5, 2013

The Essential Wallet

The duct tape wallet is the stepping stone for all duct tape fanatics.  Once one can make a wallet, he or she has learned all the basics for making things out of duct tape.  The base of the wallet can be used in any other creation, such as in the crochet hook case.  Today, I made a basic wallet for Cora, my friend.  While I have used alternating color stripes here, most of my wallets are a single color.

To create the base, I laid strips of duct tape on each other, with the sticky sides touching each other.  A strip should contact one-half of the previous strip.  I repeated this process until the base was the right length.
Half is attached to the previous strip
Final base of the wallet
After I finished the base, I taped the left and right sides and then folded it into fourths.  I taped again the edges, both on the inside and the outside.  The fortified edges prevent any chance of money falling out.

The cover of the wallet
Right now, the wallet is empty, containing only a place to put dollar bills.  I will be adding card slots and a coin pocket to the inside soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!